Steps For Setting Up A Mentoring Partnership
This form is to be used as a checklist throughout the mentoring process.
This page is under development.
- Identify the needs and interests of both mentee(s) and mentor(s) within the mentoring relationship
- Use the “Mentorship Relationship Options” form to decide how to organize the mentoring relationship
- Determine if the mentoring relationship is envisioned as short-term or long-term
- Determine the time commitment and availability for meetings
- Determine the preferred method of communication and average communication frequency
- Complete the “Defining Mentoring Goals” form together to establish clear expectations
- Create a timeline for both mentee(s) and mentor(s) to achieve mentoring goals
- Establish accountability for responsibilities associated with the mentoring relationship
- Plan when to complete the “Mentoring Satisfaction Survey”
- Create a plan for what to do if mentee(s) or mentor(s) believes the mentoring goals are not being met
- Establish parameters for transitioning out of a mentoring relationship